Specialties: General SurgeryREQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Dr. Carrie Newton is a board certified general surgeon who provides care and treatment for a broad range of surgical diagnoses. She has expertise in traditional, laparoscopic and robotic surgical procedures as well as endoscopy and emphasizes a minimally invasive approach whenever possible. She believes in creating a patient care partnership whereby diagnosis and treatment is accompanied by education, individualized approaches and patient empowerment in decision making. She joined Saltzer Health in July 2020 from Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima, Washington.
- Residency — St John Providence Health System, Macomb-Oakland, Warren, MI, Michigan State University COM Statewide Campus System, General Surgery
- Medical — Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines, IA.
- Graduate — Barry University, School of Health and Natural Sciences, Miami Shores, FL. Master of Science in Biomedical Science
- Undergraduate — Indiana University, College of Arts and Sciences, Bloomington, Ind. Bachelor of Science in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Psychology, Social Science & Medicine
Areas of Specialty
- General surgery- gallbladder, gastrointestinal, hernia, lesion/cyst excision
- Endoscopy- esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy
- Breast surgery- biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy, SLNB, ALND
- Cancer surgery- breast, colon, port-a-cath placement
- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- Acute care and trauma surgery
Dr. Newton’s volunteer activities include a medical mission with the Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children in Limon, Nicaragua.
Dr. Newton’s research includes co-authored journal articles in JAMA Surgery on Chronic Back Pain and a Bulge, Arm Swelling Following Attempted Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter, and Hemodynamic Lability in Patients Undergoing Carotid Endarterectomy Using General versus Cervical Anesthesia.
Carrie Newton provides services in:
875 S. Vanguard Way
Meridian, ID 83642
Education & News Featuring Provider
Posted in: Health Education
Saltzer Health and the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM) hosted a successful two-day boot camp for team members who will work at the Ten Mile 24/7 urgent care clinic. The program included lectures by local medical experts and hands-on scenarios in ICOM’s state-of-the-art simulation lab. Saltzer Health instructors included: Orthopedics – Dr. Corbett Winegar,…