Dr. Aaron F. Newton is a fellowship trained orthopaedic sports surgeon who joined Saltzer Health in July 2020 from Astria Health in Yakima, Wash.
He completed his fellowship in orthopedic surgery-sports medicine at the University of Minnesota, where he received specialized training in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and provided care for professional and college athletes with the Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Wild, University of Minnesota football/wrestling teams.
During his residency at St. John Providence Health System Macomb-Oakland in Michigan, he was named orthopaedic resident of the year, 2018.
Areas of Specialty
- Shoulder injuries, Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery, Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization, Shoulder Replacement
- Knee Injuries, Knee Joint Preservation Surgery (Cartilage Cell Transplantation, Fresh Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation), Meniscal Repair, Knee Replacement
- Fellowship – University of Minnesota, TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Residency – St. John Providence Health System Macomb-Oakland, Madison Heights, Mich., and Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Statewide Campus System.
- Medical School — Des Moines University, Des Moines, Iowa. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Undergraduate — University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Physiology, minor in chemistry
- Orthopaedic Surgical mission through Health Volunteers Overseas, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Medical mission through Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children, Limon, Nicaragua
- Pancreatic cancer research team at the Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Spanish language study abroad, Madrid, Spain
- Volunteer for U-FIT, a program that benefits children with autism through exercise
My practice is focused on a team-based approach of myself as an orthopaedic surgeon, physical therapists, and athletic trainers who strive to promote health and physical activity. The human body was designed to be in motion and maintaining motion promotes overall health. Our team assists and educates patients on ways to stay active and avoid injury. When injury occurs, we are there every step of the way to recovery.
Snowboarding, running, soccer, and health and well-being