Specialties: Family MedicineREQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Dr. Kerr specializes in Family Medicine.
She earned her medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine and completed her residency at San Francisco General Hospital Family and Community Medicine Residency. Dr. Kerr has been providing Family Medicine care at Saltzer Health since January 2018. Prior to that she served for ten years as a missionary through the Nazarene Church in the Caribbean Regional Office, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji. She served in multiple roles including Medical Consultant and she developed and presented HIV/AIDS Education and Sanitation seminars for rural communities in English and in Tok Pisin.
She has also practiced family medicine, including obstetrics, at Cornerstone Medical Clinic in Yakima, Washington.
Dr. Kerr has received the Northwest Nazarene University “Centennial Medallion Award, as well as the University of California San Francisco “Excellence in Teaching” Award.
Outside of work she loves to spend time with her friends and family and enjoys cooking, nature, music, traveling, and leading Moms in Prayer at her daughter’s school.
Education & Certifications
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE – Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, Idaho
- MEDICAL DEGREE – University of Washington School of Medicine, Moscow, Idaho and Seattle, Washington
- RESIDENCY – University of California San Francisco Family and Community Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Idaho State Board of Medicine
- Washington State Board of Medicine
- Medical Board of Papua New Guinea
I believe that all people are created in the image of God and should be treated with respect, compassion, and dignity. I strive to follow evidence-based guidelines when they are available and to provide clear explanations and education so my patients are empowered to make informed decisions about their medical care and improve their own health.